Thursday, June 15, 2006

Moving on

Moving on from UDTS is a difficult thing to do. In preparing to travel over 1000 miles to Amish Country I told myself to think of the great experience that awaited; I attempted to put DBQ and everything behind me as this would make the trip a little easier. NO GO. As I schlepped across the country I was continually reminded of ya'll. I passed about half a dozen "Bennett St." exits which only reminded me of, well, Bennett St. not to mention the neighbor with the same last name, and the "Bennett St." sign that found its way into Shawn's truck. I honestly passed a city named Phillips. There is a Sharon, Penn and even more strange a Dubois Penn. There was also a St. Clair somewhere in Ohio I believe.

When I finally got here I thought to myself "finally, now I can go about my work and try not to think about everyone else". There is a couple in my church with the last name Hoehne. On my way to work...every morning...I pass a "Hollow Way" (no joke), there is a sign outside a church I pass that reads "Jenn's Church", and last of all I pass a "Leicester Rd." (honestly). Senior's do not resist, there is no getting away from UDTS. Give in to the temptation and think of us...I just pray it has nothing to do with Bizarro Tables or secret meetings with the assistant dean... try to think only good thoughts…if nothing else watch Going Ape.

No comments: