Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary

A brief post because I thought of you all fondly on Monday. I don't know how many of you preach lectionary, but this Sunday's readings are the very readings that I preached that fateful day three years ago when John 21 vanished from the Bible (if only for a short time).

Just wanted to let you know that I thought of you all (particularly a grinning, chuckling Kim Wilson) and cracked a smile.

Now...if you will excuse me...I need to go look something up in 2nd Mark. I'm preaching on how we can "solve the mysteries of faith" just like Jesus did while driving around in his van.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember that day, actually. I preached in that same congregation the week before... I hope things are going well for you, and I hope that you found John 21...
On a different note, I could really use everybody's prayers with my church. I am afraid that things are going less than well, at least in some ways. Thanks.

PS - my family is doing well, and Thomas is ALMOST walking, although he's been at the ALMOST stage for about two months now. I'm not sure I really want him to start, to be honest. Say hi to Julie for us.