Saturday, July 08, 2006

What's in the water up here?!

To all of our brothers and sisters,
We (that's wifey and myself) realized recently that many of you probably haven't heard our news yet...On or about December 4, 2006, Angus Calvin Knox Hughes will be entering this world. As we do not know if the baby is a boy or girl yet, I have chosen a nice unisex name for the him/her; though Shaylene seems to have different ideas concerning the name of the child. Anyway, Shaylene is 19 weeks along and the doctor says that everything looks great! I remember when we moved here a couple of years ago I couldn't believe that couples were having babies while they were in school; now here we are...God sure has a great sense of humor! In the words of a pastor friend of mine from back home, "Babies are blessing anytime that they arrive." Please keep Shaylene in your prayers along with the other pregnant gals up here (Yuka Bosch, Natalie Ebbens, and Rebecca Hoch...I hope I didn't miss anybody). Peace and blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Cheyanna said...

My advice to you Mark - read all your assignments now and write all your papers before the baby comes. Heck, you need to get the second semester syllabi right now and get to work on those!

Or you could do what I did and sleep through your last semester of seminary. I am not sure how well it will work for you but according to Phillips all I had to do was point to my ever growing belly and I had "the mother of all excuses for being lazy."

Blessings to Rebecca, Shaylene and you as you welcome this little one. Yeah for babies!