Saturday, August 12, 2006

Chicken Repentance

Those of you that have for years attended the weekly cookouts may remember that for a long time now we have all given Mr. Phillips (almost Rev.) a hard time for cooking chicken on his gas grill. The snide remarks and sarcastic comments have resulted from his blatant disregard for the already lit community grills. I must confess that at times I have taken part in this hazing.

Today, before God, community and all search engines I admit my sinful actions and seek forgiveness. We have had the pleasure of cooking chicken on the Phillips grill all summer. This is possible because the lord of the manor in which we are staying purchased the infamous gas grill. The chicken we have eaten has been moist and delicious each time.

Now that I have been enlightened I find it impossible to go on without public acknowledgement that Phillips was right and I was wrong. Chicken cooks better on his gas grill.

2 comments:

Spencer Homan said...

Four out of five chickens prefer to be cooked over gas versus charcoal or ovens!!!

The More You Know!!!!! (intro cheesy music)

Scott said...

Cheyanna,

It brings a tear to my eye to hear that the grill continues to make chicken. It brings a tear to my other eye to hear the Queen Emeritus of South Cul De Sac confess, publicly, to her arch-nemesis that his unorthodox methods were, in fact, superior. It brings a tear to my third eye when I wonder why such diplomacy and humility was not displayed by the throne earlier in her majesty's reign. Perhaps the innocents would not have suffered so if the state simply would have admitted inferiority on such issues sooner. Well, at least now you have seen the error in your ways. Kiss my ring. Now.

(wink wink) Glad you liked the chicken...even better to hear that I didn't rip Gavin off.