Saturday, August 19, 2006

I am alive!

After weeks of not posting, I wanted to let everyone know that I am alive and well! Ed and I survived the move to Treynor Iowa to live with Ed's dad. Having accepted a call in Red Oak Iowa on August 13th, and passed my final examination for ordination today, I am finally done!!! COM let me start in Red Oak on August 15th, so they must have thought I didn't look too shady! Red Oak is only about 30 miles from Treynor, so we are living in Treynor until we can buy a house. Red Oak is a lovely town in SW IA of about 6000 people.

Kim, you will be happy to know that the Congregation UCC pastor came and introduced herself on day 1 at lunch time. She is full of excitement and talks a lot and has quite a sense of humor (as well as a nose ring), so I feel right at home. I told her some of my rowdiest friends at seminary are UCC :)

My ordination/installation will be in Red Oak on September 10 at 3pm. All are invited to come! I would love to see you! My home church is about 1 hour from Red Oak, so it worked well to do the ordination and installation together.

I miss seeing all of you and hope you are doing well whenever you are!
Blessings to all of you, dear friends in Christ- Caryn

3 comments:

Spencer Homan said...

Congratulations Caryn!

Red Oak indeed is a wonderful place. So glad to hear you are going to be doing ministry there. I know that your ministry there is going to be truly awesome. God bless!

Spencer

Scott said...

Caryn,

Congrats! We were hoping Red Oak would work out for you....we are excited to know that you won't be too far from God's country. That CIF looked great--now it has a great pastor to go with it. They are lucky lucky folks.

Lis said...

I'm so late in the game on receiving the updates! Congratulations, Caryn!!!! You make a wonderful pastor!