Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Severance Lounge

The last week ... 1 and 1/2 papers to go. (I'm not counting days, I'm counting pages.) I now have some idea how you who have graduated felt last spring. Although, graduating for me doesn't mean moving or taking a new church ... But it is truly a bittersweet time. This has been an amazing place to get to know myself as a new creation in Christ, and to begin to understand community. Thank you to all of you who have contributed to my learning in so many ways. Thank you for loving me in the spirit of Christ. How much more we grow when faith is lived out all around us!

I have to admit I am truly excited about being able to give fulltime ministry the time it deserves. Sometimes the back and forth from home to Dubuque gave me an escape ... both ways actually, and life in the church provided a dynamic illustration of all that we've been learning. But more often than not it was very difficult to be so divided. I've never been a good multi-tasker! And so soon, I will join you who are now serving in that place where you've been called. It is my great and humble privilege to do so. And it has been my great privilege to travel this road with you all. For those who are diligently working on those final papers, write on!
Blessings,
Cindy

1 comment:

Cheyanna said...

WOO HOO CINDY! What an accomplishment. I hope you celebrate at least a little that God has brought you to this point on the journey.

To all of you still writing and studying know that those of us that have come before you, hold you up in prayer.

And to all of you getting ready to celebrate this Advent season remember that God is Good! All the time.

One more thing, we just got back from seeing the Nativity Story with the youth group. Really good movie. It reminded me that the Christmas Story isn't all candy canes and flowers. I can easily forget that Jesus did not come into a perfect world of Christmas Carols and yummy fudge. This movie did a good job of reminding me of the hard parts of the story I like to ignore.

Really, how awesome is our God?