Thursday, May 25, 2006

This is your brain on seminary...

This is just a rough estimate, but I quickly counted the books on my shelf and looked at my three master lists of “all papers due,” and came up with these dizzying figures:

Over our three (or more) years in seminary, we read some 104 books (plus numerous handouts), composed some 75 papers (ranging in length from 2-20 pages), and spent 1152 hours in class, and spent some 2304 hours studying out of class (for those of us who actually studied the 2 hours for every 1 hour in class!), totaling some 3456 total hours of lecture and study.

Any wonder that our brains are fried & I for one get nauseas just picking up a book!

And look at where it all got me…unemployed in Greenland!

1 comment:

Cindy Marino said...

But your Elmer paper was worth every bit of it!