Wednesday, June 28, 2006

checkin in & checkin out...

Greetings all,

It's official...Third Prez had their congregational meeting this past Sunday and formally voted me in as their next pastor! We are dancing with the Trinity!!!

So far I've heard from about 5 profs and a few peers, and my CPM chair, and—Praise our triune God— all have responded stating both sadness that I needed to separate from the PCUSA, but affirmed that this is a good call for us, and that our friendship & partnership in ministry will continue. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted in that regards.

Since the GA did go the heretical route of R5, and has now placed itself in schism from every major evangelical bodies and the majority church of the global south, I am in deep grief over this decision. I will continue to honor and pray for those of you who still feel called to fight the noble and needed fight for renewal!

As for me, I sat down and read through again the EPC's statements on abortion, divorce, homosexuality, Scripture, Christology, social justice, etc, I had tears in my eyes as I feel like I have come home to a group who stands where I stand and is focused solely on an evangelical mission!

I lose my seminary address and email here in few days. You can email me at roms1417@hotmail or keep in touch via this blog. We will move into a rental home while looking for a home to purchase here in Dubuque.

In amazement at God’s grace,
Chris

4 comments:

Cheyanna said...

Along the same lines as Chris we are checking out. We are however going off-line for a time. Today we loaded the moving truck and almost everything we own is in storage. Now comes the final time of cleaning and checking the drawers and closets for any items left behind.

I have a nuetral pulpit this weekend for a small congregation in Illinois. According to their time frame we will know if they want to call us the last week of July.

Keep in touch as you can. Our email address is losey325@hotmail.com, though our email access will be limited until we find a call. We'll be in DBQ until we have a call so come visit if you can.

Deborah Coble said...

Blessings and God Speed to all of my Presbyterian brothers and sisters. You continue to be in my prayers daily as you move on to the next step in your ministry.

Thanks for posting on the blog, so that we know how things are going.

deborah

Ron said...

Congratulations, Chris. I do believe that you are in the right place and on the right path. I was deeply disappointed by the actions taken at General Assembly, although I was not surprised by them. Thank God they only meet every other year!

May God richly bless your ministry in every way.

Pastor Tony said...

I am certain about very little. One thing I am certain about is that I would prefer thing forum be a place where we do not call one group heretical especially with in the PCUSA. This is a place for all our seminary community; no matter their beliefs. Another thing I am certain about is that I am very happy for you and your family Chris...God bless...