Saturday, July 01, 2006

Two Crazy Weeks

Hello All!

Well...we made it. Julie and I have been all over the map the past few weeks, but I am happy to say that all went well and is well. Julie's GFather's funeral and graveside went well, and we made it to Berthoud with at least some rest.

Things there went really well. The vote came down 69-1 (I didn't see Fawcett there, but I'm pretty sure cast the one vote absentee) and the church was really excited to meet us (and vice versa). I met with the Session, and they seem excited and open to change. The only thing that was a bit discouraging (to say the least) was looking at houses on Monday. Let's just say that you need a mortgage to sleep on a bench in the park.

All in all, though, we couldn't be more excited. Things in Minden have been good so far (the dial up connection has been a bit of a pill...thus the limited posting), and we are looking forward to having the Jewett Family Magical Mystery Summer Tour breeze through town on Thursday.

I found out that I am going to be the first candidate for ordination at Plains and Peaks after this summer's GA. I was told by the chair of COM to "expect a grilling" and that I can expect one question in particular: "Do you have any scruples?"

I have formulated my response: "Your Mom."

That will do it for me here....more to come. Hope you all are doing well. Congrats on the call, Chris. We miss you all very much...I keep telling my mom about Dave McCreery and calling myself the Pope....she just looks worried. That, and she isn't very good at Halo.

Talk to you all again soon,
SP

2 comments:

dwebster22 said...

All the playing time she's put in and YOUR MOM isn't good at Halo? weird.

Hughes said...

Scott,
As an eyewitness to all of the G.A. "decisions" this past June, you may want to prepare yourself to answer questions regarding the "mataphorical Trinity" of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

In all truthfullness-->blessings and our prayers to you and Julie as you begin your ministry in CO.