Saturday, July 01, 2006

just to clarify...

Thanks Tony for your congrats on my call. But I do need to clarify something in order to clear my good name and keep peace among us...

I did not call any group "heretical." I agree with you dear brother, this should not be done (unless the group is!)

I said the GA made a "heretical decision." This does not place the whole GA, and certainly not the whole denomination in heresy! In stating that this decision is heretical I stand in good company of all the PCUSA renewal groups, entire presbyteries, hundreds of congregations & thousands of faithful within the PCUSA, the global evangelical Church, and historical, orthodox Christianity.

Grace & peace all!

2 comments:

Pastor Tony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pastor Tony said...

Actually the point was not that you were calling anyone or any group heretical. I was more concerned that you were expressing an opinion about a decision with in the denomination in a place, this blog, where you have no idea how everyone else feels. I respect your decision to disagree with the decision made by G.A. but I do not feel it was heretical. It may not have been the choice I would have wanted them to make. The overarching idea is that this is a room for all in the seminary community to feel welcome to express their ideas and beliefs but we should be careful of the "H" word especially when we are trying to build one another up. It has nothing to do with company. It has to do with speaking the truth...speaking the truth in love.