Friday, June 23, 2006

Good News!

After having been told by my session that I should look for another church, there was something of an uprising among the the congregation. They prevailed upon the session to reconsider and last night the session voted to give me a contract through the coming school year. The session had based their previous decision on 'philosophical differences' because I was trying to get them to be an active church and they want to be an inactive church. To me, it was between obedience to the gospel and disobedience. Now that I have a contract, I will continue to bang my head against the wall throughout the coming year. (After a while, it almost feels good.)

Grace and Peace,
Ron

2 comments:

Pastor Tony said...

Congrats Ron. I know that church has a special place in your heart. I am over-joyed to hear they feel the same about you. What a good confirmation of the work you have been doing on behalf of God...how wonderful...God bless...

Cindy Marino said...

Ron,
What is that verse in Ephesians? "Take the helmet of slavation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. I think you're well protected and ready for the head banging ahead!" Blessings!